Stuffed Eggplant with Cauliflower Rice & Shrimp
1 leanest – 3 greens – 2 healthy fats – 3 condiments (per serving)
4 servings Ingredients: • 1/8 tsp ground black pepper • 1½ lbs. eggplant • 2½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided • ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese • ½ cup plain, low-fat Greek yogurt • 1¾ lbs. raw shrimp, peeled and deveined • 2 cups riced cauliflower • ½ tsp salt, divided • 3 scallions, trimmed and minced
1. Cut each eggplant into 8, 1½- to 3-inch rounds. Hollow out the eggplant rounds to make “cups” with a ½ inch-thick rim and bottom. Chop the scooped out flesh, and set aside.
2. Season the eggplants with ¼ teaspoon salt, and roast them in the oven at 450⁰F for about 18 minutes until partially cooked. Set aside, and allow to cool.
3. Meanwhile, prepare the stuffing by seasoning the shrimp with the remaining salt and black pepper.
4. Heat one tablespoon of oil in a non-stick skillet, and briefly stir-fry the shrimp until they are pink on the outside. Remove shrimp from skillet and set aside.
5. In the same skillet, heat the remaining oil and stir-fry the chopped eggplant flesh with the cauliflower “rice” over medium-high heat until tender, about two minutes. Add the scallions and continue to stir-fry for one minute.
6. In a mixing bowl, combine the stir-fried cauliflower with the shrimp, and add the yogurt. Fill the pre-cooked eggplant cups with the cauliflower mixture and top with parmesan cheese.
7. Bake in the oven at 450⁰F for about 10 to 15 minutes until heated through.