While it’s important to have clearly defined goals on your journey to lifelong transformation, it’s equally important to develop a realistic and individualized structure that supports these goals long-term.Structural tension is the difference between our desired outcome and our current reality. The tension between these two prompts us to take action that thrusts us at achieve our desired results. Answer the following questions to clearly define your goal and to help determine a route that is your path for achieving success:
• What do you really want? This is called your primary choice, or major choice. This should be a clearly defined, measurable goal.
• Why do you want it? This is your motivation, or underlying reason, for achieving your goal. Why is this change personally meaningful or important?
• Where are you now? This is your current reality, or current state. It’s important to describe your current reality honestly and objectively so you’re taking the right path toward achieving your goals.
• What are you willing to do or sacrifice to achieve your goal? These are your secondary choices, or actions taken to support our primary choice. They may include doing some things you don’t necessarily like, or sacrificing some things you do like. Secondary choices are necessary to achieve the desired outcome.
• Are you coachable and willing to do the work? The key to discipline is found by establishing your primary and secondary choices. You now have a clear path to take to reach your desired outcome. The great news is that you don’t have to do it alone! I’m here for you and my community are here to support you along every step of your health journey!
You should now have a clearer understanding of where you are in your journey in relation to where you want to be.
Ask me, as your Optavia health coach, friend and accountability partner to help you determine the most efficient path to your goals. Book our time together here.