Waffled Tuna Melt
1 leanest – 3 greens – 2 healthy fats – 2 condiments (per serving)
4 servings Ingredients: • ¼ tsp ground black pepper • 18-oz. canned tuna, packed in water • 2 cups minced celery • Cooking spray • 3 large eggs • ½ cup low-fat cream cheese, at room temperature • ¼ cup ranch dressing • ½ cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese • 6 cups romaine lettuce, cut into ¼ -inch strips • ½ tsp salt • 8 scallions, minced
1. Drain the tuna from its water.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese and eggs with a whisk and mix until thoroughly combined.
3. Combine the tuna with the egg-cream cheese mix and stir in the celery, scallions, salt, pepper and cheese.
4. Preheat a waffle iron and spray both sides with the cooking spray.
5. Put an adequate amount of the tuna mix on your waffle iron (the amount may vary depending on the waffle iron’s size), and cook until golden brown for about 15 minutes.
6. Once done remove the tuna waffles from the waffle iron and place on a wire rack.
7. Repeat until the mixture is used up.
8. Combine the lettuce with the ranch dressing and divide evenly onto four plates. Top with each plate with an equal number of tuna waffles.