1 leanest – 3 greens – 2 healthy fats – 3 condiments (per serving)
4 servings Ingredients: • 2¾ cup thinly sliced celery • 4 cups low sodium chicken stock • 1½ lbs. cod, skin removed • 2 large eggs • ½ cup fresh parsley, cut coarsely • 1 tbsp horseradish • 2¾ cup thinly sliced kohlrabi • 1 tsp salt, divided • 2 scallions, finely minced • 1 cup sour cream
1. Cut the fish into small pieces and place in a food processor with ¾ teaspoon of salt; chop into a coarse paste. Alternately, you can purchase ground cod.
2. Add the eggs and scallions to the fish and mix thoroughly.
3. Shape the ground fish into 12 balls, about 2 to 3 ounces each.
4. Bring the chicken stock to a boil and add 1/4 tsp of salt. Add the celery and kohlrabi, bring back to a boil, and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Remove the vegetables from the broth with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
6. Carefully add the fish balls into the simmering broth and cook very gently for 8 to 10 minutes.
7. When ready to eat, place a quarter of the vegetable into a bowl and top with 1 cup of broth; repeat for remaining servings. Top with cooked fish balls (2 per bowl) and garnish each bowl with about 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley.
8. Combine the horseradish with the sour cream and serve on the side (about ¼ cup per serving).