Stir-fried Shrimp & Cucumbers
1 leanest – 3 greens – 2 healthy fats – 1 condiment (per serving)
4 servings Ingredients: • 2 tbsp canola oil, divided • 3 large cucumbers, peeled, quartered, and seeded (should yield about 6 cups) • 1 tsp peeled and minced fresh ginger root • 1 tsp salt, divided • 2 tbsp minced scallions • 2 tsp sesame oil • 1¾ lbs. shrimp, peeled and deveined • ½ tsp white or black ground pepper
1. Heat one tablespoon of oil in a wok or large skillet and gently cook the ginger and scallions until fragrant.
2. Add the shrimp and continue to stir-fry until pink. Add half the salt.
3. Once the shrimp are cooked, remove from the wok or skillet and set aside.
4. In the same wok or skillet, heat one tablespoon of canola oil and the sesame oil. Add the cucumbers, and stir-fry until just tender. Adjust seasoning with the remaining salt and pepper.
5. Return the shrimp into the same wok or skillet, heat through. Serve warm.