Chicken & Shrimp Cauli-Jambalaya
1 leaner – 3 greens – 1 healthy fat – 3 condiments (per serving)
4 servings Ingredients: • 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed • ¾ cup diced celery • 1 cup low sodium chicken stock • 2 tbsp olive oil • 1 lb. raw, peeled and deveined shrimp (any size) • 4 cups riced cauliflower • ¼ cup thinly sliced scallions • 1 cup diced tomatoes • 1½ tbsp Cajun seasoning mix
1. Toss the chicken and shrimp in the Cajun seasoning.
2. Heat the olive oil in a 13 to 14-inch skillet, and stir-fry the chicken and shrimp over high heat for about 2 minutes. Take the chicken and shrimp out of the skillet and set aside.
3. In the same skillet, cook the celery and tomatoes over high heat for about one minute.
4. Add cauliflower and chicken stock and bring to a boil.
5. Distribute the shrimp and chicken over the cauliflower and cook over high heat until the chicken stock has evaporated for about 6 to 8 minutes until the cauliflower is tender.
6. Sprinkle with scallions, and divide into 4 equally-sized portions (about 2¼ cups per serving).
Tip: To make your own Cajun spice mix, combine equal parts of onion powder, garlic powder, dried oregano, dried basil, ground black pepper, cayenne pepper, and salt. All parts are equal by volume.