Jerk Crusted Pork Chops with Spinach Salad
1 leaner – 3 greens – 1 healthy fat – 3 condiments (per serving)
4 servings Ingredients: • 8 oz. baby spinach • ½ tsp ground black pepper • 1 tbsp jerk seasoning • 1 tbsp lemon juice • 1 tsp lime juice • 4 tsp olive oil, divided • 4, (8½-oz.) bone-in pork chops • 1 cup sliced radishes • ½ tsp salt, divided • 1 cup fresh diced tomatoes
1. Season the pork chops with lime juice, jerk seasoning, one teaspoon oil, and ¼ teaspoon of salt. Allow to marinate for 30 minutes.
2. Cook the pork chops under a broiler or in a very hot oven at 450°F for about 10 minutes to an internal temperature of 145°F.
3. While the pork cooks, heat one tablespoon oil in a medium pot. Add the spinach and cook just until the spinach begins to wilt, about 1 minute.
4. Immediately transfer the spinach to a bowl, and add the radishes, tomatoes, lemon juice, pepper, and a quarter teaspoon of salt.
5. Once the pork chops are cooked, allow them to rest for 10 minutes. Serve pork chops alongside the wilted spinach salad.