Shrimp and Cauliflower Grits
1 leanest – 3 greens – 2 healthy fats – 3 condiments (per serving)
4 servings Ingredients: • 2 tbsp butter • ½ cup chicken broth • 2 tbsp lemon juice • 2 lbs. raw, peeled and deveined shrimp • ⅔ cup reduced-fat, shredded cheddar cheese • 5 cups riced cauliflower • ½ tsp salt • 4 tbsp sour cream • ½ cup thinly sliced spring onion • 1 cup unsweetened almond milk • 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
1. Place shrimp and Cajun seasoning into a large, re-sealable plastic bag. Close bag, and toss to coat shrimp evenly in seasoning.
2. Over medium heat, cook shrimp in a lightly greased skillet until pink, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Add lemon juice and chicken broth, scraping any bits off of the bottom of the pan, and simmer for 1 minute, set aside.
3. In a separate skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add riced cauliflower, and cook for 5 minutes. Add milk and salt, and cook an additional 5 minutes.
4. Remove from heat, and stir in sour cream and cheese until melted.
5. Serve shrimp atop cauliflower grits, and top with spring onions.