Asparagus & Crabmeat Frittata
1 leaner – 3 greens – 2 healthy fats – 3 condiments (per serving)
4 servings Ingredients: • 2 lbs. asparagus • ¼ cup basil, chopped • ½ tsp black pepper • 1 tbsp finely cut chives • 1 lb. lump crabmeat • 2½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil • 4 cups liquid egg substitute • 1 tsp salt, divided • 2 tsp sweet paprika
1. Remove the tough ends of the asparagus and cut it into bite-sized pieces.
2. Preheat an oven to 375°F.
3. In a 12-inch to 14-inch oven-proof, non-stick skillet, heat the olive oil and gently sweat the asparagus until tender. Season with salt, pepper, and paprika.
4. In a mixing bowl, add the chives, basil and crab meat. Pour in the eggbeaters and gently mix until combined.
5. Carefully pour the crab and egg mixture into the skillet with the cooked asparagus, and gently stir to combine. Cook over low to medium heat until the egg beaters start bubbling.
6. Place the skillet in the oven and bake for about 15 to 20 minutes until the egg beaters are fully cooked and golden brown. Serve warm.