Grilled Steak & Vegetable Kabobs
1 lean – 3 greens – 0 healthy fats – 3 condiments (per serving)
4 servings Ingredients: • 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar • 1½ lbs. beef tenderloin, cut into 16 equal-sized cubes • ¼ tsp ground black pepper • 1 tsp fresh oregano, minced • 2 cloves garlic, minced • 16 grape tomatoes • 8 mushrooms, halved • ¼ tsp salt • 1 medium yellow squash, sliced into 16 equal-sized rounds • 1 medium zucchini, sliced into 16 equal-sized rounds
1. Pre-heat grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
2. Season cubed beef with salt and pepper.
3. Using 8 skewers, alternate beef, zucchini, squash, mushrooms, and tomatoes so that each skewer has 2 of each ingredient.
4. Spray kebobs with non-stick spray and grill for about 3 minutes per side or until beef is cooked to desired doneness (note: for medium-rare, cook the beef to an internal temperature of 125°F; for medium to 135°F; for medium-well to 145°F; for well-done to 160°F).
5. Meanwhile, combine the garlic, oregano, and vinegar to make a vinaigrette.
6. Per serving: 2 skewers with about a ½ tablespoon of vinaigrette poured over top.
Tip: Try tofu in place of the beef for a plant-based meal. Substitute 2¼ lbs. Nasoya firm tofu (drained and cut into 16 equal-sized cubes) for the beef tenderloin.