BBQ Chicken & Ranch Broccoli Salad
1 leaner – 3 greens – 1 healthy fat – 3 condiments (per serving)
4 servings Ingredients: • 4, (6-oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breasts • 6 cups broccoli florets • 2 tbsp regular mayo • 1 tbsp no sugar added BBQ seasoning • ¾ cup reduced-fat Greek yogurt • 1 tbsp homemade ranch seasoning (recipe in directions)
1. Preheat grill.
2. Pound chicken to even thickness, and season with BBQ seasoning.
3. Grill chicken until internal temperature of 165⁰F, about 4 to 6 minutes per side depending on the thickness.
4. To make the homemade ranch seasoning: Combine 2 tbsp dried parsley, 1 tbsp dried dill, 1 tbsp dried chives, 1 tbsp garlic powder, 1 tbsp onion powder, 2 tsp salt, and 1 tsp black pepper in a spice grinder. Pulse 5 to 7 times to enhance the taste and texture of the seasoning mix. Alternatively, you can mix all of the dried herbs and spices in a bowl. Store in an air-tight container until ready to use.
5. In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, yogurt, mayo, and ranch seasoning. Toss well.
6. Each serving should have 6 ounces cooked chicken and 1½ cups broccoli salad.