Chicken Meatballs with Napa Cabbage in Ginger Broth
1 lean – 3 greens – 2 healthy fats – 3 condiments (per serving)
4 servings Ingredients: • 5 cups sliced Napa cabbage • 2 cups chicken stock • 1 tsp chili oil • 1 large egg • 2 tbsp peeled and minced fresh ginger root, divided • 4 garlic cloves, sliced thin • 1¼ lbs. 90-93% lean ground chicken • 1 tsp salt • 4 scallions, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces • 4 scallions, trimmed and minced • ½ tsp ground white ground pepper (or black ground pepper)
1. Combine the ground chicken, egg, salt, pepper, 1 tablespoon ginger, and minced scallions in a bowl. Mix thoroughly.
2. Shape the meat mixture into meatballs of about 1-inch diameter and set aside.
3. In a wok or large skillet, combine the garlic, Napa cabbage, chicken stock, and remaining ginger and bring to a boil.
4. Add the chicken meatballs and scallion pieces, cover, and simmer until the cabbage is tender and meatballs are cooked through, about 5 minutes.
5. Arrange in a bowl and garnish with a small amount of chili oil. Serve warm.