Blackened Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
1 leanest – 3 greens – 2 healthy fats – 3 condiments (per serving)
4 servings Ingredients: • 6 oz avocado • ¼ cup chopped cilantro • ¼ cup diced green bell pepper • 1 chopped and deseeded jalapeno pepper • 2 tbsp lime juice, divided • 4 tsp olive oil, divided • 1 cup plain, 2% Greek yogurt • 2 pounds raw shrimp, peeled and deveined • ¼ cup chopped red onion • 12 large romaine lettuce leaves • 1 ½ cups diced tomato • 1 tbsp Old Bay Blackened Seasoning
1. Place shrimp and Old Bay seasoning in a re-sealable plastic bag (you may need to divide shrimp into two batches). Shake contents of bag to distribute seasoning evenly.
2. Heat two teaspoons of olive oil in large-skillet, and add half of the shrimp in a single layer. Cook about 2 to 3 minutes per side, until shrimp are pink and cooked through. Repeat with remaining olive oil and shrimp.
3. For the avocado crema: Combine Greek yogurt, avocado, and one tablespoon of lime juice in blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
4. For the tomato salsa: Stir the tomatoes, green bell pepper, onion, cilantro, jalapeno pepper, and remaining tablespoon of lime juice in a medium bowl.
5. Prepare lettuce wraps by dividing the shrimp, avocado crema, and tomato salsa evenly among the lettuce leaves. Serve immediately.