Broiled Greek Burgers with Lettuce Wraps
1 lean – 3 greens – 0 healthy fats – 3 condiments (per serving)
4 servings Ingredients: • ½ tsp ground black pepper, divided • 1 tbsp capers, minced • 3 oz. low-fat crumbled feta • 1½ English cucumbers (about 1¼ lbs.) • 2 tsp crushed garlic, divided • 1¼ lbs. 90% lean ground beef • 8 large lettuce leaves • ½ cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt • 1 tsp salt, divided • 1 scallion, trimmed and minced
1. Combine the beef with half of the salt, pepper, and crushed garlic. Add the scallions and capers and mix well.
2. Carefully fold in the crumbled feta, and shape the beef mixture into 8 even-sized patties; set aside.
3. To make the tzatziki, grate the cucumber into a colander and combine with the remaining salt. Allow cucumber to drain in the colander for about 10 minutes. With a kitchen towel, squeeze excess moisture from the cucumbers and place in a bowl. Add the yogurt and remaining pepper and garlic to the cucumbers, and stir to combine.
4. Broil the beef patties on high for about 5 minutes to an internal temperature of about 165°F, flipping once to achieve even cooking and browning.
5. Serve burgers on a large lettuce leaf with tzatziki.