Chicken Gyro Spaghetti Squash Nests
1 lean – 3 greens – 0 healthy fats – 3 condiments (per serving)
4 servings Ingredients: • 4 tbsp finely chopped black olives • 1 lb. cooked, skinless chicken breast, cut into very fine strips • ¼ tsp dried oregano • 4 eggs • ¼ tsp garlic powder • 2 cups finely minced green pepper • ¼ cup reduced-fat crumbled feta cheese • ¾ cup reduced-fat parmesan cheese • ½ tsp salt • 1 spaghetti squash • ¼ cup reduced-fat Greek yogurt
1. Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Bake spaghetti squash halves with cut side down on a sheet pan at 400⁰F for 30 minutes, until the flesh of the squash can be shredded with a fork.
2. Remove the squash from the oven, allow to cool, and shred the flesh with a fork into a bowl. Measure out 4 cups, saving any leftovers for another meal.
3. Combine the spaghetti squash with the salt, parmesan and eggs; mix well.
4. Fill 12 indentations of a silicone muffin pan or a muffin pan lined with parchment baking cups with the spaghetti squash mixture, leaving a well in the center of each for the filling.
5. Bake the spaghetti squash nests at 400⁰F for 12 minutes until they begin to brown.
6. In a bowl, combine the chicken breast with the oregano, garlic powder, green pepper, black olives, Greek yogurt, and feta cheese. Fill each nest with an equal amount of the chicken gyro mixture.
7. Bake at 400⁰F for 15 minutes.