Cauliflower Crust Chicken Potpie
1 lean – 3 greens – 0 healthy fats – 2 condiments (per serving)
4 servings Ingredients: • 1¼ lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs cut into bite-sized cubes • ½ cup quartered button mushrooms • ½ cup diced celery • 1 cup chicken broth • 1 egg • 1-2 sprigs of fresh thyme • ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese • ½ cup cut green beans • ½ cup diced kabocha squash • ¼ tsp or less of each: salt & pepper, divided • 4 cups riced cauliflower • 1 cup unsweetened almond milk • ½ cup water
1. Preheat oven to 400⁰F.
2. Combine cauliflower and water in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 5 minutes or until cauliflower is tender. Drain and allow cauliflower to cool. Place cauliflower in a cheesecloth to squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
3. Mix ¾ of the riced cauliflower with the parmesan cheese and egg. Reserve the other ¼ of riced cauliflower for later.
4. On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spread cauliflower mixture into 4 equally-sized circles that will fit the inside circumference of your serving bowls. Bake cauliflower crusts until center is dry and crust is golden brown.
5. Add the remaining ingredients to an Instant Pot, including the reserved riced cauliflower, to make the potpie filling. Secure lid, push meat/stew mode, and adjust time for 10 minutes. When Instant Pot beeps, naturally release pressure.
6. Ladle chicken potpie filling into bowls and top each with a cauliflower crust.
Slow Cooker Method: Make the cauliflower crust as direct. Add all of the remaining ingredients for the potpie filling to a slow cooker. Cover with lid, and cook on low for 2 hours.