Tropical Chicken Medley
1 leaner – 3 greens – 1 healthy fat – 3 condiments (per serving)
4 servings Ingredients: • 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into strips • 3 cups raw broccoli, chopped • 1 tsp garlic and herb seasoning blend • 2 tsp onion powder • ½ oz. pine nuts • 1½ cups chopped red bell pepper • ½ cup light lime vinaigrette dressing • 1½ cups chopped yellow bell pepper
1. Coat chicken breast strips with salad dressing. Sprinkle seasoning blend and onion powder on chicken strips. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes (1 to 2 hours preferred).
2. After chicken is done marinating, sauté peppers and broccoli in a large, lightly-coated sauté pan until al dente (tender-crisp). While cooking peppers, frequently add a little water so peppers do not burn. Set sautéed peppers and broccoli aside.
3. Add chicken to a pan, and cook until no longer pink.
4. Meanwhile, place pine nuts on a tray in toaster oven and toast until brown.
5. When chicken is done, add peppers, broccoli, and pine nuts, and serve immediately.