Clay Pot Razor Clam, Tofu & Pork Soup
1 leaner – 3 greens – 1 healthy fat – 1 condiment (per serving)
4 servings Ingredients: • 5½ cups chopped choy sum • 1 oz. fresh ginger root, peeled and sliced • 1 tbsp oil, divided • ½ lb. pork tenderloin, sliced into thin pieces • 4½ lbs. small to medium sized fresh razor clams with shells, cover with water and 1 tsp of salt for 1 hour to remove the sand, washed and drained • ¼ tsp salt • ½ tbsp sesame oil • 2 medium spring onions, trimmed • 15 oz. Mori-nu extra firm tofu, cut into 1-inch small cubes • 6 cups water • ¼ tsp white pepper
1. Separate the green and white part of the spring onions; cut the white part into 1-inch pieces and the green part into fine rings and set aside.
2. Heat ½ tablespoon of oil in a large clay pot, add ginger, white parts of the spring onions, and tofu; gently stir-fry for about 1 minute.
3. Pour water into the same clay pot, add razor clams and bring to a boil.
4. Meanwhile, heat ½ tablespoon of oil in a skillet, add pork slices, and quickly stir-fry until pork turns light pink. Immediately transfer pork to the clay pot and bring mixture to a boil.
5. Once boiled, lower the heat, add choy sum, and cover with lid. Cook for another 3 to 5 minutes until all ingredients are cooked and the shell of the razor clams have all opened.
6. Add salt, white pepper powder, and sesame oil. Garnish with spring onion. Serve hot.