Beef Noodle Soup
1 lean – 3 greens – 0 healthy fats – 3 condiments (per serving)
4 servings Ingredients: • 3 whole baby bok choy, trimmed and chopped • 6 cups beef broth • ¼ tsp ground black or white pepper • ½ tsp peeled and grated fresh ginger root • 1 tsp oil • ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes • 2 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce • 1 tsp sesame oil • 1¼ lb. sirloin, sliced very thin • 2 spring onions, trimmed and diced • ¼ cup Thai basil, shredded • 2½ cups zucchini noodles
1. Heat oil in a wok or skillet and cook the bok choy and spring onions.
2. In a large soup pot, combine broth, soy sauce, and ginger. Cover, and bring to a low simmer.
3. Slice the steak as thinly as possible and add the strips to the soup. Bring the soup to a gentle boil, and then lower heat, cover, and simmer until meat is cooked through.
4. Remove soup from heat, and add zucchini noodles. Stir in sesame oil, basil, black pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes. Ladle an equal amount of soup into each bowl and serve hot.
5. Note: May use an equal amount of any cut of lean beef, such as sirloin, top loin, or round roast.