Nuggets with Buffalo Sauce & Kale Chips
1 leaner – 3 greens – 1 healthy fat – 3 condiments (per serving)
4 servings Ingredients: • ½ tsp ground black pepper, divided • 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch bite-sized cubes • Cooking spray • 6 tbsp hot sauce • 6 cups chopped kale • 1 cup no sugar added pickle juice • ½ tsp salt, divided • 4 tsp sesame oil
1. Marinate chicken with pickle juice for at least 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, pre-heat oven to 375⁰F.
3. Line two sheet pans with parchment paper or foil. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
4. With knife or by hand, remove leaves from stems and tear or cut kale into large bite-sized pieces. Wash and dry thoroughly.
5. Toss kale with a quarter teaspoon of both salt and pepper. Spread a single layer of kale on one of the prepared sheet pans, being careful not to overcrowd.
6. Spray top of kale with non-stick cooking spray and bake about 15 to 20 minutes until crisp, but not burnt.
7. Meanwhile, drain chicken from pickle juice and toss with a quarter teaspoon of both salt and pepper. Spread chicken in a single layer on the other prepared sheet pan, being careful not to overcrowd.
8. Spray top of chicken with non-stick cooking spray and place in oven 5 to 6 minutes before the kale chips are done. Chicken should cook to an internal temperature of 165⁰F.
9. While chicken nuggets are cooking, whisk together the hot sauce and sesame oil in a liquid measuring cup.
10. Once chicken is cooked, toss with buffalo sauce.
11. For one portion, serve 6 ounces chicken nuggets, a ¼ of the kale chips, and 1½ tablespoons of sesame buffalo sauce.