Bruschetta Grilled Chicken
1 leaner – 3 greens – 1 healthy fat – 3 condiments (per serving)
4 servings Ingredients: • 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar • ¼ tsp ground black pepper • 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts • Cooking spray • 4 tsp extra virgin olive oil • 1 cup fresh basil, chopped • 2 garlic cloves, minced • ¼ tsp salt • 10 medium-sized vine-ripe tomatoes, cores removed
1. Pre-heat grill or grill pan.
2. Spray tomatoes with nonstick cooking spray and season with salt and pepper.
3. Grill tomatoes on all sides until slightly charred. Remove and allow to cool completely.
4. Roughly chop or slice tomatoes in quarters. Add garlic, balsamic vinegar, basil, and oil.
5. Set aside to marinate.
6. Meanwhile, season chicken with salt and black pepper.
7. Spray chicken on both sides with nonstick cooking spray. Grill chicken breasts on both sides about 4 to 5 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165⁰F. Once cooked, remove and set aside to rest about 5 minutes.
8. For 1 portion, plate 6 ounces cooked chicken breast with a quarter of the tomatoes and about one tablespoon of the balsamic vinegar mixture from the bruschetta.
9. Tip: Alternatively, you can prepare this recipe in the oven. Preheat oven to 500⁰F. Place lightly sprayed tomatoes on a sheet pan, and cook about 2 to 3 minutes until charred. Lower oven to 375⁰F, and place lightly sprayed chicken on a sheet pan. Cook for 20 to 25 minutes until internal temperature reaches 165⁰F.