Lemon Chicken Spaghetti Squash with Spinach & Tomatoes
1 leaner – 3 greens – 1 healthy fat – 3 condiments (per serving)
4 servings Ingredients: • 2 cups fresh baby spinach • 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed • 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved • 1 cup chicken broth • 4 cups cooked spaghetti squash • 2 cloves garlic, minced • ½ lemon, juiced • 1 tbsp olive oil • ½ tsp pepper • ½ tsp salt, divided • ¼ cup diced yellow onion
1. Season chicken breast with pepper and a ¼ teaspoon salt. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté chicken breast until cooked through, about 7 to 10 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
2. Add onion and garlic to skillet and sauté until fragrant, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and cook until they begin to soften, about 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Add chicken broth, lemon juice, and remaining salt, reduce heat and cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 15 minutes.
4. Add chicken and spinach and cook until spinach is wilted, about 2 minutes.
5. Serve contents of skillet atop spaghetti squash.
Note: To cook spaghetti squash, preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare the spaghetti squash by cutting it in half and removing the seeds and pulp strands. Place each spaghetti squash half face down on a foil-lined baking sheet, and bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until middle is tender and pulls apart easily. Allow squash to cool slightly before carefully scraping the flesh out with a fork to create spaghetti-like strands. Measure out 4 cups of cooked spaghetti squash and save any leftovers for another meal.