Stir-fried Zucchini “Noodles” with Yu Xiang-flavored Chicken
1 leaner – 3 greens – 1 healthy fat – 3 condiments (per serving)
4 servings Ingredients: • 1½ lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced into very fine strips • 4 tsp canola oil, divided • 2 tbsp chili bean paste • ¼ cup coarsely chopped green coriander • 2 tsp dark rice vinegar • 2 tsp peeled and minced fresh ginger root • 1 clove garlic, minced • 2 tbsp light soy sauce, divided • 1 tbsp oyster sauce • 2 tbsp minced scallions • 6 cups zucchini “noodles”
1. Heat half the oil in a non-stick wok or skillet, and add the chili bean paste, ginger, scallions and garlic and stir-fry for about one minute.
2. Add the finely sliced chicken and stir-fry until opaque on all sides, about one minute, and then add one tablespoon of soy sauce; continue to stir fry-for one minute.
3. Take the cooked chicken out of the wok or skillet, set aside; keep warm.
4. In the same wok or skillet, heat the remaining oil over high heat, and add the zucchini “noodles.” Quickly stir-fry until the noodles are semi-tender, about one minute. Add one tablespoon of soy sauce along with the oyster sauce and vinegar.
5. Arrange the zucchini “noodles” on a platter, top with cooked chicken, and garnish with green coriander.