Slow Cooker Beef Brisket with Cauliflower Latkes
1 lean – 3 greens – 0 healthy fats – 2 condiments (per serving)
4 servings Ingredients: • ½ cup reduced sodium beef stock • ½ tsp black pepper • 1½ lbs. lean end of beef brisket • 1 egg • 3 cups kohlrabi, cut into ¼-inch sticks • 3 cups riced cauliflower • ¼ tsp salt • ¾ tsp salt
Beef Brisket Directions 1. Season the beef brisket with salt and pepper, and place in the bottom of a slow cooker.
2. Add the beef stock, and cook on high for 5 to 6 hours.
3. Once beef is tender, add the kohlrabi and continue to cook for 20 minutes until tender.
4. Remove the beef from the slow cooker, carve it, and serve with the broth and cooked kohlrabi.
Cauliflower Latkes Directions 1. Spread the riced cauliflower on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 425⁰F for 20 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
2. In a kitchen towel, squeeze the cauliflower to remove any excess moisture. Mix together the squeezed cauliflower with the eggs and salt.
3. Shape the cauliflower mix into 8 little patties, and place them onto a parchment lined sheet. Bake at 400⁰F for 8 minutes.