(1.33 Green) 2 cups or 200 oz of grated raw cauliflower
(.25 Lean) 1/2 cup of egg beaters or egg whites
(1.75 Lean) 7 oz (~1.5 cups) of 2% reduced fat three cheese mexican blend
(.66 Green) 1 cup of diced tomatoes
• 2 cups or 200 oz of grated raw cauliflower
• 1/2 cup of egg beaters or egg whites (no yolks)
• 7 oz of 2% reduced fat three cheese mexican blend (~1.5 cups)
• 1 cup of diced tomatoes
• 1/2 cup of minced fresh cilantro
• 4 tsp of chopped white onions
• 4 tsp of lime juice
• 1/4 tsp of sea salt
• 1/4 tsp of ground cumin
• 1/4 tsp of ground cayenne
- Preheat oven to 425F (218C).
- Grate the cauliflower with a cheese grater or place into the blender (pulse
for for 10-15sec) until it’s the size of a piece of rice or smaller.
- Squeeze out excess water from the cauliflower using a cheese cloth.
- Combine grated cauliflower, 1/2 cup of egg whites, and 4 oz (~1 cup) of
cheese until mixed completely.
- Flatten out the mixture into 4 tortillas about 6′′ wide each; the thinner
the tortilla, the more evenly these pieces will bake; discard any excess water
that’s in your mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes on each side for a total of 30-40 minutes. Helpful tip:
Let the tortilla cool for 3 mins before carefully flipping it over to the other side
to bake; this cooling process will keep the tortilla from breaking apart.
- Once the tortillas are fully baked, take out of the oven and let cool for
another 2-3 min. Then evenly sprinkle 1.5 oz (~1/4 cup) of cheese to one tortilla
and add the other tortilla on top. Repeat this to generate with the remaining
to pieces of tortillas.
- Turn the oven down to 300F, put the quesadillas into the oven for 2-4 min
until the cheese is fully melted. Let cool another 2 min and serve with salsa.
- For the salsa, mince the tomatoes, onions, and cilantro. Mix these
ingredients with the spices and lime juice. Serve with the quesadillas.