Makes 4 servings
Per Serving: 1 Leaner protein, 1 1⁄2 vegetable servings, 3 condiments, 1 fat
• 4 teaspoons canola oil
• 36 ounces raw chicken breast, cubed
• 1 tsp chili powder
• 1⁄2 tsp onion powder
• 1⁄4 tsp cayenne pepper
• 1⁄4 tsp salt
• 1⁄2 cup chopped peppers
• 1⁄2 cup leeks, chopped
• 1/3 cup salsa of your choice
• 1 tsp Splenda
• 2 cups jicama, peeled and julienned
into thin noodles
• 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, for
- Sprinkle the chili powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper and salt on
the chicken breast and mix until all chicken is covered in the spices.
- In a heavy bottom pan (like a cast iron skillet) over medium heat,
heat the canola oil then add the spiced chicken and cook for 5 minutes,
stirring occasionally so the chicken doesn’t burn.
- Add the chopped peppers and leeks and saute for 5 minutes, until
the leeks are beginning to brown.
- Add the salsa, and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Add the splenda and stir to combine then add the julienned jicama,
stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and eat!