– 1 pound asparagus
– 1/4 cup rice vinegar
– 2 tablespoons soy sauce
– 1 tablespoon roasted sesame oil
– 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro – 1/8 teaspoon coarse salt
– 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1. Heat a large pan of lightly salted water to boiling over high heat.
2. Peel the asparagus stalks and trim the ends. Cut the stalks diagonally into 1-inch pieces.
3. Blanch in boiling water 3 minutes or until bright green.
4. Drain in a colander and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking.
5. In a large bowl, combine the vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, cilantro, and salt. Add the asparagus and toss until well combined.
6. To serve, spoon the dressed asparagus onto the greens and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Lean & Green
Makes 5 servings. Per serving – 1 vegetable, 2 condiments, 2/3 fat serving