Pork Tacos (Tostadas)
1 leaner – 3 greens – 1 healthy fat – 3 condiments (per serving)
4 servings Ingredients: • 3 oz. diced avocado • ¼ tsp ground black pepper • 1 cup cilantro, chopped • 8 cups lettuce, chopped • 12 oz. pork tenderloin, sliced thin • 8 oz. reduced-fat, shredded cheddar cheese • ¼ tsp salt • 1 tbsp taco seasoning • 2 cups fresh diced tomatoes
To make taco shells:
1. Divide cheese into 8, (1-ounce) portions.
2. Turn on the broiler in an oven or toaster oven.
3. On one side of a sheet pan lined with parchment paper, spread one portion of cheese into a 6-inch circle; repeat to make a second, 6-inch circle on the opposite side.
4. Turn on the broiler in an oven or toaster oven.
5. Broil until crisp about 5 to 7 minutes.
6. Suspend a wooden spoon or measuring stick over 2 cans or boxes. Drape a piece of foil over top, pressing lightly to form a taco shell shape.
7. With a spatula or knife, carefully lift each cheese circle and drape over foil to form taco shells. Allow a few minutes to harden.
8. Repeat with remaining cheese portions.
To make pork filling:
9. Heat a non-stick pan over high heat. Coat with non-stick spray, and add pork and taco seasoning. Allow pork to brown on one side before stirring. Sauté pork and adjust seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
For one portion, top 2 taco shells with 2 cups lettuce, ¼ cup cilantro, 3 ounces pork, ¾ ounce avocado, and ½ cup tomatoes.
Tip: To make tostadas instead of taco shells, skip steps 2 and 6.